I made my pincushion from a tutorial that uses “petals” to make the form. I thought about using 3 different colors of fabric but then went with these stripes as a “test”. I liked it so well I decided I didn’t need to do another.

I could have lined up all the fabrics to make the seems identical, but I didn’t think about it until after I started sewing. Besides, I was using scraps. This is the material I used to make V’s smock (which she wears every day at mealtimes).

I’ve got my quilting safety pins below. I’m afraid of putting my push pins in just yet. V likes to play with these two cups, stacking and unstacking them.

Maybe I’ll have to go back to Goodwill and get more cups.

Advertisements